There’s a reason fashion blogger and face of Asos Curve GABI Fresh has almost a quarter of a million Instagram followers. Turns out she knows a thing (or even five) about surprising style. Take note..
- Don’t be limited by your dress size Seriously, it’s just a number. Five years ago I saw a dress I loved, but the shop only had it in a size 10. Rather than walk away, I tried it on and it fit (I’m normally an 18)! Had I stayed afraid, I would never have found that amazing dress.
- Shop with neutral makeup My signature beauty look is a bright Matt lip in hot red or pink. But when I go shopping, I always make sure to apply more natural makeup so it doesn’t distract from the clothes, and I don’t end up buying things that will only look good when I’m fully made up.
- Horizontal stripes? Yes. You. Can I find horizontal stripes actually look best on curvy women, because they’re in proportion with bigger figures. Look for stripes that are at least 2ins wide. (Those very thin, close-set stripes? Now they have an enlarging effect.)
- You can definitely wear crop tops Just add a high-waisted skirt or jeans so minimal skin is on show. Ditto, boyfriend jeans – don’t shy away. They won’t hide your curves (I promise) and they look fabulous with sequins and heels.
- Be surprising with work wear Experiment with the unexpected for stylish office outfits. If you’re wearing, say, a structured blazer, try it with patterned trousers. Or team tailored trousers and heels with a colorful printed shirt.